Monday, November 10, 2008

indelible.beautiful.





There have been a few works of art that I always go back to, that i never tire of, that always attract me and take my breathe away. No matter how cliched Klimt's paintings may seem now that you can buy prints from even Ikea, I just cannot not love this gorgeous painting. Every section of it is beautiful; the background is a dappled concrete; the bold black expanse in the background so modern for its time; the three ages of woman so contrasting and the pretty, pretty flowers and leaves in gold hair. Sigh....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I also like the way Klimpt uses interlocking decorated shape as a way of equally filling the entire picture frame. His art has inspired me to use this device in my own paintings at times. Have you seen the book of his landscapes? They are mostly square format and very atmospheric.

humanbean said...

I really LOVE Klimpt's The Kiss - it has so much feeling...x

Julie said...

There is something about the way Klimt painted chins that is very sweet - they could show such strength or fragility. This baby has the sweetest little chin and bottom lip :)

Chrissy Foreman C said...

I know - he is my absolute favourite and I find so much inspiration in his paintings.

Eva said...

You should go to Vienna - there you could see The Kiss in flesh. I saw it this summer and it was even more breathtaking than any print.
Do you know that it is actually a pretty large painting? So you feel yourself surrounded by the Kiss, standing in front of it.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...