Thursday, June 17, 2010

yellow


Talked a lot about yellow today with the children; colour of caution, colour of bright positivity, hope, happiness and fun. My eyes are drawn to yellow like magnets this month; yummy, acidy, vibrant or earthy it is all looking so great.

Insects looove yellow but I didnt know that many insects, particularly bees, can see ultra-violet light as well as the spectrum of light humans can see. Ultra-violet light reveals patterns on flowers that lead bees straight to pollen like arrows. What a groovybee skill to have.
See this dandelion (like a bee does):


3 comments:

humanbean said...

Yellow is Grace's headband flower.

Tali said...

WEIRD! I've been thinking about yellow too! I've been wanting to make a yellow dress with some nice vintage yellow that I have...
AND I've been wondering why UP doesn't have a yellow...

Amy Prior said...

we do! but nobody has seen it yet :-)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...