Friday, February 12, 2010

postered

I wish I had a band so I could beg Jason Munn to create me a concert poster.

I came across his work (as The Small Stakes) just a hop, skip and internet click away from looking at screen prints by Billy Bishop who printed Keith Davis Young's 'Stay Up Late and Make Something' poster which arrived in the mail recently and which I love (click,click,click)

harmonious, elegant; I want to look at his monsters of folk poster all day


PS
I did have a band once, aged 18, which, for two seconds, was called Lactating Bitches (it came from a dog food packet). We had three 'bass' players, noone on the drums and no singer. I wonder what Jason Munn would have done for our concert poster? embarrassment!

1 comment:

Julie said...

hmmm, trying to think up a poster for that...great posters - make me think of jazz :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...