Thursday, May 28, 2009

light and dark


Dear diary
Bit of a strange day. Earlier I watched a chick crack open its egg for the first time with G. Have you ever seen this? Ok it doesnt sound that exciting but actually the way the chick was working so hard to get out of its shell and how it would struggle and then stop for a rest and then battle again-it was touching. Also you never think of a chicken as breathing but when it is upside down and featherless its little chest breathing up and down in the bright light of its incubator well it looked so vulnerable and well....human....

At the other end of my day was me, in my car, in a back alley, in the dark, with a four year old asleep in the back her head against the cold window; I'm thinking what the hell do I do? my phone is two seconds from out of battery I dont know where the hell I am there are no lights on this street... I have been redirected down side streets by the police to avoid a bad accident and my car dashboard is reading H for HEAT.

I heard some bizarre males-walking-by conversations (whilst trying desperately to be invisible slouched in the dark) they were talking in graphic detail about 'jobs' and I don't mean employment ..... So I'm thinking melodramatic thoughts like which house would I potentially run into if someone attacks me? what if the person who answers the door is some psycho-skin-stealing murderer in human uggboots. Where is everyone are they in bed already or just conserving energy with the lights off? And why is it in this scenario one sees things as if they are being reinacted on a missing persons tv programme third person perspective?

So that was the light beginning and dark ending of my day. I managed to get home with G and the car ok but long uneventful story- thankyou my darling S x

- I promise to water the car more often, poor car, I have a real problem with car-things like adding water, oil and er on the odd occasion petrol. God I love the RAA!

5 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Poor you!!! scary! I too am hopeless with the car- if it makes you feel any better- my mind just doesn't think about tyres needing air , bits needing oil, water etc etc ...as for changing a tyre!!as if!!! as much as I see myself as a strong feminist woman - us girls go do anything and all that stuff I just see all that car stuff as boys stuff.

♥ Sarah said...

yep exactly! I think I can drive forever without doing any of those maintenance things!

Amy Prior said...

me too, there is definitely a block there.

Julie said...

These are scary moments when all senses are heightened. I do a bit of walking and riding at night and usually feel quite feerless but then sometimes something will happen like an unexpected shadow, a threatening voice or a memory and I will feel vulnerable and at risk.

♥ Sarah said...

cruute chickies.

thanks for sharing your little chickie with me on fridays!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...